Saturday, March 15, 2008

Just starting to bloom!


Journaling on page: "When my sister turned 40 in March '08, I decided she should have a surprise party with old and new friends and with family and I decided I wanted it to be bright and cheery -more fabulous and 4o than a dark over the hill party - and so I made her a cupcake cake complete with 40 cupcakes." The flowers on the layout were actually used on the cupcakes, too.

I found the cupcake tree at AC Moore and Mom made the 40 cupcakes. The tree holds 38 that we topped with silk flowers from the dollar store and then we filled the tops of the last two cupcakes with 20 candles each! I thought it accomplished my theme very nicely. Isn't it nice to think that at 40, we're really just starting to bloom rather than that we're already over the hill? I think so, too.

And here is the video with the rest of the pictures from the party. Most of the folks there are Angie's friends from Biltmore Baptist and from their church in Greenville. I knew how to get Mom & Dad and Amanda and Amy there, but I had no idea who else to invite. That's where Gene came in handy. When I talked to him, he was all for it! We first thought about having it at their house and he would get her out while Mom and I decorated. Then he remembered the house in Sherwood Forest and said he would check with a friend about holding it there. Once that was okayed, he had to talk Angie into going. This was most likely the HARDEST part of all the plans. For two weeks, Gene has to listen to Angie whine and complain about what a stupid idea it was to drive all the way to Cedar Mountain just to spend the night and then travel all the way to Knoxville (to see UT play SC.) She complained about it to Mama, she complained about it to me, and she obviously complained A LOT about it to Gene. After the shock of the surprise wore off, she just kept repeating, "I can't believe I said those things to him." We're not sure what she said, but we're pretty sure she has forgiven him and he has probably forgiven her, too.

Enjoy the video, and if you are one of the great friends who helped bring all the food and fellowship to this event ... THANK YOU!

3 comments:

beth spray said...

Paula - you did a great job with the video. I was so sad that I didn't get to make it. Delayed flights are NO FUN! Looks like it went great and I know she appreciated your thoughtfulness!!

Angie said...

THANK YOU!!!! You are so gifted in your blogging, photography, AND writing!!!! Thank you for the party! It was VERY surprising!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Momma,
That was a great slide show. I had a lot of fun at the party. You did a good job with the party. Love you!