Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2 Work Days and 1 Vision Day To Go ...

Can it be true? There are only 3 days between now and when we take Amanda to WCU. Our orientation is at 8:15 am so we are leaving around 6:15. I am so excited!

Just so everyone knows, Amanda doesn't want to have to answer a lot of questions about it, so don't call her, but I needed to let everyone know that she and Atley have called it off for a while. They have agreed that in order for her to get the most of her college experience, it would be better if she isn't worried about what is going on in his life. They will remain friends, of course.

Amanda spent the night with me after it happened and she was upset wondering how she would get through it. We went to Walmart and while we were there we saw BJ and Kristin with their baby. For those of you who may not know BJ, Amanda's first boyfriend, and Kristin, one of her closest childhood friends, got together about 11 months after Amanda and BJ broke up. Shortly after that they announced they were having a baby and getting married.

When we saw them at Walmart, we went up to them and talked and I got a hug from BJ and got to hold little Aiden's hand. He is a real cutie! We told them about Amanda's college plans and they told us where they were living and what they were up to. It was a very nice conversation.

Afterwards, Amanda went home and about 2 hours later she sent me a text that said, "Tell me again that I will be okay and that I will get over this." I told her, "Why do you think God told BJ and Kristin to go shopping at Walmart the same night as you?" "It was obvious!" "You got over BJ and you were even able to talk to him, with his wife who was your best friend and their little baby." I told her she got over him and she will get through this. With the Lord's help she will make it!

A lot has gone on to get to this point of breaking up and for those of you that have been praying with me about it, "thank you." It pleases me to know that I was able to step back, keep my mouth shut, and let God take care of things. She will be okay. Her future is bright! Keep praying, college is a whole new world for all of us!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I had her on my mind last night when trying to sleep. Brett saw the break-up on facebook. I remember those painful days and nights! I have been praying for her and her future! I wasn't sure if I should call or even write message on fb for her. Please let her know that we love her!