Thursday, April 01, 2010

Cascade Lake


Today, I had to go out Crab Creek Road to visit with a customer so I decided to take a trip around the loop I grew up on in Little River. I remember how much I hated riding the bus up to Cascade Lake and Campground but decided today I would drive up and see if it was as bad as I remembered. It's comforting to know that we do grow out of our fears but all the memories of turning around in the school bus and riding down the bumpy curvy road came flooding back. One thing I had never done before was get a look at the boat ramp. I didn't realize there was such a pretty view up there. When I started the trip I was looking for an old rusty truck in a field, what I found was this very serene view of the sky reflecting on Cascade Lake. Nice how God puts in front of me what I need instead of what I want. The lake was just the peacefulness I needed. (PS>Mama, I went by Judy's but it was either too early or they just weren't there.)

No comments: