Monday, February 21, 2011

30-36/365 Days of Photos

36/365 ~ Spent February 5th with my two best buddies celebrating Melanie's (and Rick's) birthday. We had a wonderful time at dinner at Carrabbas and then be broke in Becky's new Crown Royal table and stools. Happy Birthday, Melanie and Rick!

35/365 ~ Patience. "No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." ~ Hal Borland
Ice coated Magnolia leaf found at Shepherd & Sons Funeral Home today.

34/365 ~ The Cat in the Window, Jordan's Lane, Hendersonville
Gentle eyes that see so much,
paws that have the quiet touch,
Purrs to signal "all is well"
and show more love than words could tell.
Graceful movements touched with pride,
a calming presence by our side --
A friendship that takes time to grow --
Small wonder why we love them so.
~ Author Unknown ~

33/365 ~ The Amaryllis is also known as the belladonna lily or naked lady. The genus has two species and the more famous of the two, Amaryllis belladonna, is a native of South Africa, particularly the rocky southwest region near the Cape. Thank you to Jean Owenby at Forget Me Not Florist on Asheville Hwy for allowing me to come in a photograph her beautiful flowers. And even though it was obvious she was closing up, she patiently let me snap, snap, snap until I got the perfect angle for this amaryllis.

32/365 ~ Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. ~Ansel Adams
Today's story was fog and drizzle. I love lines and I loved the way these power towers disappeared into the fog. I'm sure if you're from Brevard you know where I am. I decided to take the back roads home today.

31/365 ~ Tulip Still Life
The theme for this week's DPS 365 Assignment is Still Life: Flowers. This is my first attempt and it probably sucks. I stole the flower from the arrangement at our lobby desk, propped it up on a frame on my desk, dropped my black coat behind and turned on the desk light and shot. The color of the tulip is spot on, so for that I am grateful. It's resting on one of my favorite photos of me and Frank so I like it just for that. Tada - 31 days in a row completed. Bring on February!

30/365 ~ Kisses for Mommy

A kiss from me,
a kiss to you;
a kiss for
everything you do.

A kiss for love,
for wrongs and rights;
a kiss and a hug
for a mommy who's smile is so bright.

You can see lots more of the sweet photos of Joanna & Ethan's family, including some of the cutest pictures of Frank ever taken (he and Xyla were having a cute-fest) by clicking here: Playing with the Seagles

No comments: