Thursday, October 20, 2011

Days 287 - 291

287/365 ~ Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. ~From the television show The Wonder Years

Even though they were a year behind me in school, I still have fond memories of the kids in the class of 1986. I was happy to capture of few of the memories from their 25th class reunion held at the Cedars. Pictured are members of their reunion committee: Sabrina Porter Lynch, Jon Beck, Staci Watkins Hoxit, Duane Bellamy, Tamara Johnson, Stephanie Hedrick Blackwell, and Kim Smith Pheffer. Great job, everyone!

288/365 ~ Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis

It's not his birthday yet but that didn't keep the kids from helping him celebrate tonight. We had all six kids, their plus ones and two grandbabies at the house for pizza and presents. They each brought him an item from one of their favorite meals he has cooked for them. Ethan and Joanna brought adobo chipotle peppers for yummy New Year's Eve Nachoes; their babies brought bacon because they are big fans of breakfast for dinner; Amanda brought the syrup to pour over Frank's famous french toast; Amy added pinto beans to keep us all heart healthy; Sheldon, Matthew, Robin and Nick brought plenty of fixin's to go into a Seafood Boil; and Zack added a bit of Stella because Frank rarely cooks on an empty stomach :)

289/365 ~ Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while. ~Kin Hubbard

What beautiful days we've had so far this fall. It looks like that might change by the middle of the week. I have mixed feelings when it comes to cooler days and nights. If I don't have to be in and out of the car all day, the coolness is okay but wet and cold are not a salesperson's friend - except for the fact that you do tend to have a store owner's undivided attention when no one else wants to brave the weather to shop :) Maybe a cold week is what I need to push me over my sales goal hump!
290/365 ~ "There was a star danced, and under that was I born." - William Shakespeare

Celebrated Frank's birthday at Pomodorro's with Dad & Helen. Yummy Italian food and great company.

291/365 ~ I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things.... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind. ~Leo Buscaglia

I edited this photo to look a bit like a painting. I took 40 shots of the trees and fence in about 5 minutes while stopped in the middle of the road. It is on the road next to Triangle Stop at 191 and Blythe. Still lots of color left around here and I'm willing to stop and try to "bottle" it while I can!

No comments: