Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fore!


Today was our second day of vacation and I am trying to have a little something for us to do each day without going out of town. Cummings Cove Golf Course was our choice for today's activities. We got to the course just after lunch, got to see our favorite member-employee, Jim Fagen. He is the best! I always enjoyed working with Jim and I don't think he has aged one day in the 7 years since I started work there. Before heading on the course, we saw Mr. Carlson and Mr. Campenella in the grill room. Again they hadn't aged a bit - must be golf course living! So we headed out to check out the new holes on the course and just as we hit #1, Nancy Carlson, Sue & Pat Robinson, and Ruth Webber were coming in on 18! It was great to see them, too. We had a wonderful time - the course was really in good shape and the day was just gorgeous.

After we played we went over the mountain and down into Hendersonville trying to find a place to eat. We got on 25 and headed north all the way through Fletcher and into Biltmore. I thought we would go for the CHEAP pizza buffet at CiCi's but it was packed (a bus full of teenagers had just disembarked!) So we headed out towards River Ridge and saw a new restaurant, Cheddars, we went in even though it was packed, too, headed straight for the bar (a trick we have learned - you can eat at most bars even if you are only drinking tea and water - it saves a lot of time waiting in line and works great when there are only two of us!) We looked at the menu - but the lady next to us was having the best looking chicken tenders I have ever seen so I ordered those and Frank ordered the Hickory Smoked Ribs and they were to die for! Really good (I sneaked a bite) and tender. Afterwards, he had the COOKIE MONSTER dessert - a warm, just baked chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream, nuts and drizzled with chocolate sauce. I stole a bite of that, too and it was delicious. It wasn't so much that I didn't WANT to eat more as it was that I didn't want to get my hand STABBED while reaching for another bite! Frank really, REALLY liked it!

No comments: