Monday, February 28, 2011

51-57/365 Days of Photos

57/365 ~ Silly Girls!!

Boy did I need to see my girls after this long week of loss. I really just needed to see their smiling faces. They always make me laugh, especially in these silly glasses!!

56/365 ~ “A cloud cannot cast a shadow unless the sun is shining beyond it”

Just loved the way the clouds were moving across the sky this morning. I found this view off Capps Road which is off Balfour Road up behind Kimberly Clark and the Water Treatment Center.

55/365 ~ There were no lies necessary at Vanessa's memorial service today. She did good while she could and we should all take a lesson from her life. Thank you to her father, her friend, Marcia, and her daughters and the minister for a very moving service celebrating her life.
(Sign on corner of 6th & 7th Avenues.)

54/365 ~ Jesus said, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

The sun setting on the steeple caught my teary eye on the way home today. What an exhausting day it was with all the breaking news and then just as I was heading home I saw Michelle's post that we had lost Lisa Thompson Anderson. I just couldn't hold back the tears any longer. Two beautiful people in one week. Such a sad week but this light shining down just when I needed it was a reminder that He is still in control and He is the light that we all need in times like these.

53/365 ~ Camera Club Meeting.

Tonight there were several members offering tutorials on stretching canvas prints, mounting regular prints and matting. I learned a lot and loved this format. If you are into photography and want to meet with more people who enjoy it, join us at the Chamber of Commerce on the fourth Tuesday of every month. www.cameraclubofhendersonville.com

52/365 ~ Bamboo's long life makes it a Chinese symbol of longevity, while in India it is a symbol of friendship.

Used the cross screen filter that Frank bought for me about eight years ago when I decided I wanted to get more into photography. I can't believe I've never used it before. It's really neat to see the color's of the sun's prism beaming through the bamboo.

51/365 ~ Just Dessert

Tonight I'm giving myself coconut cake for dessert because tomorrow I'm starting Weight Watchers again. My goal is up there and out there but I plan to somehow incorporate my weight-loss journey into my 365 project. Maybe it will be a new food I've learned to enjoy instead of desserts and chips; or maybe a path I've walked for my 30 minutes of daily activity; or maybe even a picture of me on the way down!

No comments: