Sunday, November 12, 2006

Birthday Surprise for Mom

To celebrate Mama's birthday today, she asked me to come to church with her since Daddy was away. So I did, and I also called a couple of her oldest and dearest friends, Judy and Lillian, and asked them to help me surprise her at lunch. I was so happy when I got there and they had already arrived! Judy and Lillian were the friends we ALWAYS visited when I was growing up and today I got to see pictures of their kids' kids and show off pics of my kids. It was great seeing them and I hope it was a good surprise for Mama on her special day.

I thought I would also share this picture I took in Savannah this past summer in honor of Veteran's Day. Mama's church, Trinity Baptist, did a wonderful job saluting our soldiers today and I just felt moved to add my two cents worth. Thank you to the millions of men and women who served in the military over the years, to those who died to secure my freedoms, and to those fighting the war on terror today.

No comments: