Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Counting Points Again ....

So today I officially start counting points again. I am going to try and focus on the positive fact that I haven't gained ALL of it BACK yet, instead of getting down about still having so far to go. According to the scales at home I will need to lose 70 pounds to get to my goal. I will admit I am ashamed to say that I have put back on about 25 pounds since this time last year. WOW! Isn't it amazing how quickly it adds up? To start this road again, I know that I must fess up and put it all out here for you all to see and to hold me accountable. Heather, my supervisor at work, and I will be going on Wednesdays at noon. She is a skinny little thing if you ask me, but she says she really needs to go and needs a friend, too. Now that I have my real estate people trained to turn their stuff in on Tuesdays for the most part, I should be able to make the Wednesday meetings again. Of course the down side is that Julia is no longer there on Wednesdays. She has moved to Tuesday nights and I am just not a night meeting person. I wasn't overly impressed with Linda, the lady who replaced Julia, but she wasn't too bad. She was quick, though. She must start right at 12 and we were out of there by 12:30 last week. I went with Heather last week to see if it was someone I could take as there was one leader I just could not listen to every week. Thank goodness it wasn't her! Anyway, today will be my first official weigh in and have chosen my blue jean dress as my weigh-in dress. I know that denim weighs more than some materials I could have chosen but I decided that would be a good thing to really make me try harder. I am expecting to have to lose 20% just to get me back to where I was a year ago this month. To save you the trouble of looking back at last year's posts, as of March 14, 2007, I had lost 53.4 pounds and was hoping to reach 55 pounds total by the end of March. It took me until sometime mid-May to reach the mark and then it was uphill from there on out. Between mom being in the hospital and me accepting a new position with lots more responsibilities and more pressing deadlines, I gave up! It's true. I admit it. (They say confession is good for the soul, I hope so, but it sure doesn't feel that good right now.) Anyway, I admit that I got tired of counting points, tired of weighing in, just tired of it all. And now it shows again. So I am asking you all now, please pray for me and for the strength and willpower it takes to get back into this. I WANT TO DO THIS! I think! LOL. Anyway, you can't be lazy and take on this endeavor and right now I feel lazy. Maybe rainy days are bad days to start again, but Heather and I promised each other and I have promised myself, too. I know I am rambling so you can stop reading when you want to if you haven't already. This post needs some pictures ... right? So how about we start off with a BEFORE picture of me. Didn't do this part last time but think I will post a picture each week of me. Maybe it will help me to actually see what everyone else sees ... the good and the bad! Gonna go find my camera. TTFN.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I think you did great the last time and have NO doubt that you will do it again!! You have never been someone to give up! We all fall down, I'm just glad you have Heather there to pick you back up. Two are better than one... Plus, it's Easter and EVERYTHING is new and blooming. You get a fresh start just like everything else is getting right now! I love you and will be praying for you. Personally, points are the pits!! But you can do it!

Anonymous said...

i don't know you (followed links from the 12 of 12 blog, which i just found a couple days ago), but i want you to know my eyes stung a little reading your post. i'm sorry you've gained weight, but i'm impressed with your honesty. i can't even be that honest with myself! i *will* pray for you. and maybe i'll check out weight watchers myself! add it to my new list of stuff to try.