Monday, March 31, 2008

Lunchtime Thoughts



It's lunchtime and the microwave is heating up my Smart Ones Chicken Parmesan. Kind of a letdown from the weekend's good eats. On Friday night after my photo shoot at Falls Park on the Reedy, we decided to give one of Angie's favorite restaurants, Mimi's Cafe, a try. Frank had the Seafood Fettuccine and I had the Grilled Chicken Tuscan Style. Both were pretty good ... I think mine was the best. It was delicious grilled chicken sauteed with garlic, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, squash and sun dried tomatoes. I chose the version with mashed potatoes instead of rice even though they were about 2 points more. It was worth it. The flavors of the vegetables with the creamy potatoes ... yummy! Anyway, we left we some complimentary free muffins (because it was our first time there ... how nice.) I had my low fat blueberry muffin on Sunday and took a bite from the buttermilk spice this morning. It was really good but probably more points than I would want to think about giving up today. Maybe I will just take a small bite for two more days and spread the points out. The restaurant definitely gets a "thumbs up." Thanks, Angie, for the recommendation.

PS We also got to use our gift card for Whole Foods while we were there. Thanks again, Angie.

No comments: