Sunday, June 01, 2008

Flowers that Teach



If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn.”
~ Andrew V. Mason


I took this at the airport the other day while Frank was talking to the flight instructor. As I stood there waiting, knowing that even if I got closer I probably wouldn't understand half of what they were talking about, I started to look around. What caught my eye were these tiny little yellow flowers, shining like stars in a dark sky of green. For reasons I won't go into, I needed to escape into something that made ME feel good that day and those little flowers did. It was like they were shouting out to me, "Look at me, I was run over yesterday with a big mower and yet, here I am, back today!" The next thing I know I was down on my knees taking its picture.

Then I noticed another "flower" that I believe is only appreciated by the little girls who dance about the yard wearing necklaces and halos made of them ...I don't even know that they are called but they are definitely resilient and that is a strength I needed to be reminded of last weekend.

No comments: