Sunday, August 02, 2009

I think these ducks are the ones they referred to in the fairy tales

Saturday morning we were up early, partly because we were excited about the Space place and partly because we were not adjusted to being on Central Time. Breakfast opened at 6 CT and we were there promptly at 7 ET! The museum does not open until 9 am so we had lots of time to pass even after stuffing our faces at the hotel's buffet breakfast. There was a park across the street filled with geese and ducks and fountains so we decided to take a walk.

I have never seen ducks that look like roosters. And I hate to say it, but I thought they were kind of ugly really. There were some ducks that were pretty with blue heads and blue feathers.




There were some other nice things in the park, too.

Like this cyclist

and me

and a memorial to the Constitution

and a pretty red bridge reflecting in the pond

No comments: