Sunday, May 23, 2010

My New Kitchen

Originally uploaded by saturnsvu
So I did it! After 12 years and 5 months in this apartment, my kitchen is no longer also my office. Since everyone in the family has a laptop and Joanna needs a computer so she can go to school some more, we decided to take down the desk in the kitchen. This way we earned about 24 new square feet in our kitchen and we promptly put up this new shelving. I wanted a place to displace my new temp-tations bakeware (which I absolutely love the way it cooks, its easy clean-up and its really good looks.) I also wanted to free up some counter tops and put some of Mama & Daddy's great canning goods on display. I was looking at Baker's Racks but most were only 3 feet wide and would have left almost a foot of unused space. Of course, Frank had bigger ideas (thank goodness.) We went to Lowe's and Home Depot. We got lucky at Lowe's they had a pantry set pre-boxed that fit perfectly in our space. We are going to add one more shelf to the top and Frank was able to turn the old Kimberly Clark mailbox into a book file for all of his old gourmet magazines and turn it on its side and slide it right in at the bottom. Perfect!

No comments: