Monday, March 21, 2011

58-64/365 Days of Photos


64/365 - I love rainy days ... and we really need it!
Umbrella Song
Put up your umbrella
When the rain comes down.
Wear a happy smile
And wipe away a frown.
Splash in all the puddles
And do a little dance.
Rain is just the thing we need
For watering the plants.
~Submitted by Cheryl's Sweethearts ChildCare


63/365 ~ This little piggy went wee, wee, wee, all the way home.
Amanda and I went to Clyde today to see Grandma and Granddaddy and on the way out we took the backroads to the interstate. I found this farm filled with wild turkeys, bulls, cows, baby calves, and pigs of all shapes and colors. Amanda loved the spotted pig. Funny thing was that they followed me all along the fence while I was snapping so I started talking to them and without thinking I said, "You guys like having your picture made don't you? You're such hams!" hahaha - yes sometimes I crack myself up :)


62/365 ~ All roads might lead to liberty but who can afford to get there these days?
Sometimes the shot of the day is very topical. Everywhere I went today, they were changing the signs at the gas stations. $3.49 seems to be the going rate today. I think the signs above the pumps at the Triangle Stops are appropriate - our gas prices are rising in direct correlation with the Libyan people's pursuit of their freedom (liberty).


61/365 ~ Pop's Shoe
This shoe belonged to Frank's grandfather who was born in 1920 - yes, it's really old!! He was called Pop and he was a real character. While going through his old things, he found a 1985 Minolta Maxxum. He had two or three lenses to go with it and a really cool velvet strap. I liked taking pictures before that but when he gave me that camera - my first SLR - my love for photography was born. That was about 10 years ago now. This shoe was Pop's support as he learned to walk; Pop's gift to me was the support I needed to pursue a hobby that not only satisfies me everyday but makes others happy, too. Thanks, Pop, you are missed every day.


61/365 ~ Pop's Shoe
This shoe belonged to Frank's grandfather who was born in 1920 - yes, it's really old!! He was called Pop and he was a real character. While going through his old things, he found a 1985 Minolta Maxxum. He had two or three lenses to go with it and a really cool velvet strap. I liked taking pictures before that but when he gave me that camera - my first SLR - my love for photography was born. That was about 10 years ago now. This shoe was Pop's support as he learned to walk; Pop's gift to me was the support I needed to pursue a hobby that not only satisfies me everyday but makes others happy, too. Thanks, Pop, you are missed every day.


59/365 ~ Biltmore House Under Severe Thunderstorm Warnings
Today was the last day to use the free passes that came with my yearly passholder privileges at the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC. Wouldn't you know it, it started raining and storming and we missed getting to take a lot of pictures outdoors. I did manage to snap this one (actually three shots woven together with Photomatic HDR software) while waiting for the shuttle. Believe me, it was POURING but I think the shot was worth it, it looks so medieval in this lighting.

The celebrated architect Richard Morris Hunt modeled the house on three châteaux built in 16th-century France. It would feature 4 acres of floor space, 250 rooms, 34 bedrooms, 43 bathrooms, and 65 fireplaces. The basement alone would house a swimming pool, gymnasium and changing rooms, bowling alley, servants' quarters, kitchens, and more.


58/365 ~ Another Sunny Sunday
So hard to believe it was in the 70's on the next to the last day of February. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I'm afraid March might make us pay for it. Or even worse, April.

No comments: