Thursday, March 03, 2011

Happy Birthday, Angie

A lot has been said about being sisters. Usually really sweet and sappy things. But I thought these were kind of funny and most likely the way my sister has felt about me more than one time in our 43 years together! Love you baby sister!

Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life. ~Charles M. Schulz

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~Linda Sunshine

Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. ~Pam Brown

A sister smiles when one tells one's stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~Chris Montaigne

More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good. ~Linda Sunshine

If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: "Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma." ~Linda Sunshine

I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones. ~Author unknown, attributed to a 4-year-old named Lauren

And finally ... a bit of the mushy

Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers. ~Pam Brown

No comments: