Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 358/365 ~ Christmas Eve

358/365 ~ Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder 

Having breakfast at Mama & Daddy's on Christmas Eve has become a tradition. How wonderful it is to start off the day at their home with Mama's homemade biscuits and gravy, scrambled and fried eggs, apples, jellies, bacon and sausage. It's a meal fit for a king on a day we celebrate Our Savior's birth. I love sitting around after we eat telling at least a few stories from our childhood. My sister and I really did have it good. My dad worked hard for a living and my mama made sure we were well fed and taken care of. Every day I see others not as fortunate and I thank God he gave me the best parents in the world.

No comments: